two activevfp web apps pointing to subdomains error.

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Oct 23, 2007 at 2:56 PM
i am testing two activevfp web applications, i am generated a separated and unique mywebapp.dll, and put into diferent folder into webserver(windows 2003)

i am pointing to diferent subdomains the virtual root directory, and change the internal references from html templates to each instance, also change the default.asp COM name as appropiate name(default.asp), and registered the mywebapp.dll with regsvr32, also asign the rights correctly.

the two subdomains generated are...

cornucopia.innfortek.net
webstorex.innfortek.net

but webstorex.innfortek.net domain seems to be like attemting to point to the cornucopia.innfortek.net vitual directories, and the another domain don't load(you see the two subdomains running now).

can you giveme any ideas...

Thanks!
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2007 at 10:28 AM
I would think it would be more important to have unique dll names like mywebapp1.dll and mywebapp2.dll since these are registered with the machine. If you have two unique dlls that happen to have the same name, only one will be recognized AFAIK.

wipar wrote:
i am testing two activevfp web applications, i am generated a separated and unique mywebapp.dll, and put into diferent folder into webserver(windows 2003)

i am pointing to diferent subdomains the virtual root directory, and change the internal references from html templates to each instance, also change the default.asp COM name as appropiate name(default.asp), and registered the mywebapp.dll with regsvr32, also asign the rights correctly.

the two subdomains generated are...

cornucopia.innfortek.net
webstorex.innfortek.net

but webstorex.innfortek.net domain seems to be like attemting to point to the cornucopia.innfortek.net vitual directories, and the another domain don't load(you see the two subdomains running now).

can you giveme any ideas...

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2007 at 8:28 PM
Claude :

Thanks for your answer.

I really build a separated mywebapp1.dll and mywebapp2.dll for each webapp and registered individually...and point its in DEFAULT.ASP....

Thanks again