windows 7

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Dec 4, 2010 at 3:49 PM

I am using windows 7 and I get this error when trying to test the application when using " http://192.168.1.102/avfp5/html/default.aspx "

where am I going wrong.Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Line 6:      <trace enabled="true" pageOutput="false" writeToDiagnosticsTrace="true" />
Line 7:      <compilation debug="true" />
Line 8:      <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 9:      <httpModules>
Line 10:       <add name="HttpModule_ProcessManifest" type="MazeComputer.AspManifestHelpers.HttpModule_ProcessManifest, AspManifestHelpers" />

Source File: D:\iwebs\activevfp5\ActiveVFP_5.0_\AVFP5 (for ASP.NET 2.0)\web.config    Line: 8

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4952; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4955

<!-- [ConfigurationErrorsException]: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\iwebs\activevfp5\ActiveVFP_5.0_\AVFP5 (for ASP.NET 2.0)\web.config line 8) at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal) at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject) at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission) at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey) at System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetSectionObject(String sectionName) at System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetSection(String sectionName, Type type, ResultsIndex index) at System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.get_CustomErrors() at System.Web.Configuration.CustomErrorsSection.GetSettings(HttpContext context, Boolean canThrow) at System.Web.HttpResponse.ReportRuntimeError(Exception e, Boolean canThrow, Boolean localExecute) at System.Web.HttpContext.ReportRuntimeErrorIfExists(RequestNotificationStatus& status) -->
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Simple - just go to IIS Manager and make that Virtual directory an "Application" instead

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Hi Claude:

I created the application as you suggested but now I get the following error

Caught .NET exception, source: 00006yi10004 err#= 1 line= 387 File does not exist.1 File does not exist. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. c:\program files\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo41\activevfp.dll message: c:\program files\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo41\activevfp.dll

the program is installed in  "D:\iwebs\activevfp5\ActiveVFP_5.0_\AVFP5 (for ASP.NET 2.0)\"

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2010 at 8:39 PM

This says in line 387 of main.prg that the file you're referencing doesn't exist.  Point to the right file and all should be well..

Dec 6, 2010 at 3:28 AM

Right. I've got it working now. (I had version 4.1 installed, I upgraded but didn't realised it was still reading the old dll instead of the version 5 just installed. I copied over the v4.1 in the programs directory with v5 and it worked).

I will now attempt to get it to run on the netfirms basic hosting package.