files to upload

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 5, 2011 at 1:35 AM

I am new in this field of web programing, please bear with me when I ask questions that look so simple. Now that I want to deploy my web form at a site and I want the visitors response to come straight to my local server which files will I leave on my local server. I suppose the htlm templates, the main.prg, the .dll's and the configuration files will be uploaded to the server hosting the site. Please Help. Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Feb 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Edited Feb 6, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Well, if your database is foxpro,  this is a problem if you want to access vfp data on your local server from an outside web host.  If this is the case, the best you can probably do is periodically update the data from your local vfp data to the vfp data at the host.  If it's MS SQl, you can do better than that with remote access as long as there is an IP address on your local server.  Or you can synchronize your local sql db with the remote one at the host so it will automatically update and stay synchronized.

To deploy to the web hosting site, just follow the instructions in the latest release which just involves copying the needed files to your web host..