/aspdebug/Default.asp, line 3

Topics: User Forum
Mar 2, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Claude,

After 2 weeks of trying to figure this out, I am ready to move on to something else !!
I am extremely frustrated !!!,  I have read and read, scaped it all  - started over
many times....!  just want to get the debugger up and running prior to beginning
to write the main app. 

I am late in catching up with web application development with foxpro.
I have been an xbase programmer back from the days of
dBase II which ran on CP/M (before DOS) about 1980.
I am very old now and on my last days of programming
and soon to retire. 

So can you please shed some advice for an old man,
and please dont say it is working for you as I have read
every Discussion many times, you have replied to.

My Configuration is XP PRO SP3, IIS 5.1, VFP9 SP1

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Error Type: Server object, ASP 0177 (0x80080005) Server execution failed
    /aspdebug/Default.asp, line 3

• Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; BTRS28059; GTB6.6; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729) 

Page: GET /aspdebug/Default.asp
  • Time: Wednesday, March 02, 2011, 12:56:35 PM

With kind thanks for your time, attention, and professional courtesies,

Randy

Coordinator
Mar 2, 2011 at 8:06 PM

1.) Quick Fix:  A quick simple way to debug is to use strtofile().  Not pretty or elegant but it works.

2.) Regular VFP Debugger:  I forgot to include the activevfp.exe debug server in the latest release.  In order to debug, you need to be running it.  I will send you a copy of this today sometime and it will be in the next release.  You should then be able to follow the instructions and have regular debugging working properly.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2011 at 3:12 PM
Edited Mar 3, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Geez, that took longer than I thought it would!

Anyway, here are the needed files for debugging:

activevfp.exe
http://download.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=activevfp&DownloadId=213252

webappdebug.app
http://download.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=activevfp&DownloadId=213253

1.) put activevfp.exe in the root directory (same directory as activevfp.dll)

2.) run this CMD:  <your root directory>\activevfp.exe /regserver (for example, c:\avfpdemo5\activevfp.exe /regserver)

3.) put webappdebug in <your root directory>\prg  (for example, c:\avfpdemo5\prg)

4.) 'set step on' or set breakpoint in main.prg or within HTML scripts

5.) From the Visual FoxPro command window, issue these 2 commands:
CD c:\<your root directory>         (for example, CD c:\avfpdemo5)
DO c:\<your root directory>\prg\webappdebug.app    (for example, DO c:\avfpdemo5\prg\webappdebug.app)

6.) From web browser:  http://localhost/<your virtual directory>/default.asp  (for example, http://localhost/avfpdemo5/default.asp)

7.) Replace the AVFPinit() function in main.prg with the following:

FUNCTION AVFPinit
* Set up data and html paths
LOCAL lnOccur
IF INLIST(APPLICATION.STARTMODE,2,3,5) && regular server mode

* Set Data and HTML paths (adjust per your needs as necessary)
*   lnOccur = OCCURS(oProp.AppName,oProp.AppStartPath) && establish last occurence
*    lcDataPath=STRTRAN(oProp.AppStartPath,oProp.AppName,'Data\'+oProp.AppName,lnOccur)
    SET PATH TO oProp.AppStartPath+'data\AVFPdemo41\' && SET DEFA TO 'c:\mydata\'  &lcDataPath
    oProp.DataPath =  oProp.AppStartPath+'data\AVFPdemo41\' &&lcDataPath
    oProp.HtmlPath=oProp.AppStartPath+'HTML\' && oProp.cHTMLpath='c:\myHTML\'
ELSE && debugging mode 
* Set Data and HTML paths (adjust per your needs as necessary)
    lcDataPath=STRTRAN(oProp.AppStartPath,oProp.AppName+'\PRG\','data\'+oProp.AppName+'\',1)  && SET DEFA TO 'c:\mydata\'
    SET PATH TO &lcDataPath
    oProp.DataPath = lcDataPath
    oProp.HtmlPath=STRTRAN(oProp.AppStartPath,'\PRG\','\HTML\') && oProp.cHTMLpath='c:\myHTML\'
ENDIF

*Check if authenticated
oSession.Value("authenticated",IIF(EMPTY(oSession.Value("authenticated"));
 .OR. ISNULL(oSession.Value("authenticated")),.F.,oSession.Value("authenticated")))

RETURN

ENDFUNC

Jul 2, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I've downloaded the latest release package 5.5, installed it on IIS5.1 ASP1.*. all is fine with *.dll - get pages etc. Now I want to debug - copies the *.exe and webappdebug as proposed. When I try to reister - I get a resource file version mismatch - any suggestions?

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Randy.  Were you able to get this working?  I'm an old timer too.  Did a lot of FoxPro development in late 80's and 90's.  I'm trying to put my knowledge to good use also but it isn't easy.

Take care,

Jeff R.