AVFP in Visual Wev Developer

Oct 22, 2011 at 7:20 PM

I just wanto to share with all of you my experience.

Just downloaded 2 days ago, and tried it in some Windows Vista home edition with no luck. Then I used my XP pro and played with VWD Visual Web Developer (wich I tried to use but don't like), created a new empty Web Site, unziped the downloaded file in that directory, added some "\" back slashes to the main.prg, and it works super great.

Now, I can design html pages in a good environment, I can edit my VFP programs with a good editor, etc. I have all I dreamed for. A good environment and a great languaje to progam.

Thanks to all the team for this wonderfull tool.

My suggestions is for all the users to download the VWD express and take advantage of AVFP.

Next monday I am going to try again Windows Vista home edition with VWD. It might work!

There area too many posibilities to describe them  here now, but I can see some add ons to VWD in order to make it easier and better for AVFP.

TRY IT, and let me know!!!

Best regards

Ricardo

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2011 at 7:23 AM
Edited Oct 23, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Ricardo,

thanks.

regarding Windows Vista Home Basic edition, it doesn't seem to support all of IIS features and probably won't work - see http://forums.iis.net/t/1103525.aspx

These will work well:

• Windows Vista Home Premium Edition   * I've been testing on this and it takes about 3 minutes to install!
  • Windows Vista Professional Edition
  • Windows Vista Ultimate Edition