Readonly tables

Topics: User Forum
Feb 7, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I have some free tables on godaddy hosting and I am now getting the following error when I try to write to the table

Caught .NET exception, source: 0000grop0014 err#= 111 line= 321 Cannot update the cursor DATAFORM, since it is read-only.111 Cannot update the cursor DATAFORM, since it is read-only. DATAFORM .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. D:\Hosting\8800907\html\bpta\activevfp.dll message: D:\Hosting\8800907\html\bpta\activevfp.dll

it works fine on my computer...any ideas

Regards

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2012 at 1:54 AM

recycle app in the godaddy manager.

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM

sorry but how is that done. I don't see a recycle button

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Edited Feb 7, 2012 at 2:27 AM

http://download.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=activevfp&DownloadId=209064

upper right hand corner

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I recycled the app but am still getting the same error. I don't think its the code because it works on my computer and I can read the tables using similar references...anything else I can try

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM

First make sure it finished re-cycling successfully. Sometimes it doesn't re-cycle immediately. Then try it again

Hmm, I've never had this happen at GoDaddy or Windows 7, VISTA.  (I did have it happen on an old Win XP a few times though and each time an IIS restart fixed it)

If I were you I would download the table, make sure it works right and is not read-only locally and then upload it back.  I'm assuming the table worked and was writable at one time at GoDaddy.  If that doesn't work create a totally new table and use that....

* If you never gave the data directory WRITE rights then that would be another reason (but I was assuming you already did this as it is part of the instructions)