Error HTTP 404.3 - Not Found

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Mar 13, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I am brand new to activevfp and to web programming in general. Even though I followed the steps in the activevfp documentation I'm can't seem to advance in the process of using activevfp, of wich I've read good comments and would like to use.

My computer configuration is the following

1-Compaq 6715 with AMD Turion processor, 4G of RAM

2-Windows Vista Business service pack 2

3- .NET Framework 1.1, .NET Framework 1.1 spanish languaje pack

4- .NET Framework 2.0 SDK ENU

5-.NET Framework 3.5 SP1

6- .NET Framework 4 client profile

7- IIS 6.0

8- IIS 7.0

9- VFP 9.0 SP2

I followed instruction in 'Installing on your own IIS web server in 10 steps' I ran the activevfp 5.6 example and get the following result 'Error HTTP 404.3 - Not Found'

I'm a bit frustrated because it seems to be a simple process but don't know what's going wrong. Can you help?

Thank's

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I was faced with the same problem when I started and the Installer for 5.61 solved my problem. Download the 5.61 installer and run it. Hope this gets you started. Don't give up. When you are new, things might seem little difficult. Couple of months ago I could not even think of building web apps but ActiveVFP has changed all that. I am currently working on taking my accounting app on the web. Just in less than couple of months I've completed more than 60% of the conversion. Thanks to ActiveVFP - makes VFP really rock.