Function is not implemented. VFP Error 1999

Topics: Developer Forum
Apr 27, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Hi,

I am running version 5.51 on a Windows XP local host with IIS v5.1.  I run VFP 9.0 SP2 on my PC for development purposes.  I have had good success running some of my VFP programs inside the ActiveVFP framework and displaying the results on a web page.  There is one program I have that is returning an error saying the "Function is not implemented.  1999".  VFP Help says this error is returned when "You have attempted to call a function that is not supported in the current version of Visual FoxPro."

I am unclear why ActiveVFP returns this error since the program I am running does not seem to have any such function.  The program returning the error has been in use on my production system for many years now and I can run it several different ways using VFP (part of an .EXE, from the command window, ...)

I have tried to run the program a few different ways as suggested in some of the Discussions.

1) <%

Set Procedure To (oPaths.PartsAll.Programs + "\CreatePARTSEnvironment") Additive

=CreatePARTSEnvironment(.t.)

%>

2) <%

= EXECSCRIPT(FILETOSTR(oPaths.PartsAll.Programs + '\CreatePARTSEnvironment.prg'), .t.)

%>

FYI: the value of oPaths.PartsAll.Programs is known at the time the above code is executed.  It comes from another program  run successfully just ahead of this one on the same page.

Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM

It would help to know exactly what VFP function it's talking about?   Can't you isolate the problem to see exactly where it's happening?

AVFP uses the latest VFP 9 SP2 mtdll runtime, if that's any help.  There are some VFP functions that that work with the VFP EXE runtime but not with the MTDLL runtime.  Most of the functions that don't work in a VFP MTDLL have a USER Interface of some sort that's not appropriate for a web app anyway.   There's a list in VFP HELP somewhere of VFP functions that don't work in a VFP MTDLL...

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I think you have it.  My program must be attempting to run a function that the MTDLL does not support.  Searching VFP Help or MSDN for "Language Supported in Run-Time Libraries" provides a list of functions not supported.  I will check this out and let you know how it goes.

Thanks