Learning : Foxpro into Web

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 11, 2013 at 7:18 AM
It is a great tool after try and error a few times. It takes some interest out of us in order to continue this journey of adventure for a long term basis. I would say it is a mixture html code with foxpro code, to become flexible for foxpro to go online easily. Of course, a little knowledge about website creation is needed such as how to upload files into web.

I would keep on posting some of the changes need to be done after downloading the ActiveVFP 6.03 Demo or ActiveVFP 5.53 Demo. That I'm very happy that I have done my first step to make it work on the web.
http://www.stevenmoo.somee.com/epflist.avfp, that it's looks similar to the original demo.

TO DO LIST (11.02.2013)
  1. I have located www.somee.com for holding those files in the website.
  2. Using ftp client to upload the files
  3. Changing the main.prg
    SET PATH TO oProp.AppStartPath+'data\AVFPdemo41\' && SET DEFA TO 'c:\mydata\'
    oProp.DataPath = oProp.AppStartPath+'data\AVFPdemo41\'
    oProp.HtmlPath=oProp.AppStartPath && oProp.cHTMLpath='c:\myHTML\'

into local directory of the server.
  4. Type "NET START W3SVC" to start IIS localhost website.
    Type "NET STOP WAS" to stop IIS localhost website.
    • to access dbf file, zap, modify structure and pack the file.
  5. Careful with the JustPath, I deleted a few, as it doesn't work in the website.
  6. For files in the subdirectory, look for web.config, delete the line. Basically display images file.
    <authentication mode="Windows" />
    • take note, this is for no authentication purposes.
Program Needed (11.02.2013)
  1. Notepad++
  2. FTP Client : FileZila
  3. Internet Explorer / Firefox
  4. IIS for localhost. I did go online to check how to install IIS.
  5. Foxcmd or Visual FoxPro program
In Summary, it's a 2 programming languages performing at the sametime.
I'm still test run the activevfp and try to master HTML coding at the sametime, hope you guys are doing well too.
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Your site looks really good - good work!
Feb 12, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Thanks Claudefox. I have been looking for foxpro online for quite sometime. I never thought this works for me, although it is a rewrite kind of code, but it does provide demo for download, what a great tool afterall.

How long have you been involved Activevfp, claudefox?