Running in Full-Trust at GoDaddy

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM
IIS requires Full-Trust to run ActiveVFP. I finally got all the settings from GoDaddy Support on how to enable Full-Trust using their service. The big news is that ASP.NET 4.0/4.5 on GoDaddy supports Full-Trust with a modification to Web.Config (below).

From GoDaddy Support:

"The default trust level on your account depends on the version of ASP.NET you are currently using.

ASP.NET 1.1

If you are using ASP.NET 1.1 on your Windows shared hosting account, you have "full trust" on the server (Legacy/Shared Hosting plans only).

ASP.NET 2.0/3.0/3.5

If you're using .NET runtime environment 2.0, you have 'medium trust' on the server.

ASP.NET 4.0/4.5

If you're using .NET runtime environment 4.0, you have 'web full trust' on the server.

To Check and See What Version of ASP.NET You're Currently Using

Click Web Hosting.

Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.

Under the Settings section of the Control Panel in your hosting account click Programming Languages.

The selected listing is the version of ASP.NET that you are currently using.

NOTE: When using ASP.NET 4.0/4.5 you must declare Full Trust in your Web.Config. You can add the following snippet of code to your Web.Config:

<configuration>
<system.web>
    <trust level="Full" />
</system.web>
</configuration>

"
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I've got a demo of AVFP 6.03 up and running on GoDaddy 4GH (default GoDaddy Web hosting) using ASP.NET 4.5:

http://www.rootsofmine.com/avfp603/default.avfp

So far, so good. Should mean the lowest prices for Web Hosting of FoxPro web applications. (I've seen as low as $1.00/month so far!)