oRequest.querystring doesn't works properly

Topics: User Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Hi friends,

i've a new problem with AVFP. I made my web application and all works perfectly. Now, i made a new html template (all with bootstrap framework) and using the "include" function to divide the code that reuse in every page.

The problem is that when i pass the parameters through form post, the "oResponse.querystring" function don't works. It return me empty string.

It is strange because the old version works perfectly. The code is the same, i've changed only the styles of page and the use of the "include".

Can you help me to resolve this problem?

P.S. This is the code that i use:
*** My Call page
CodArt = "AAA" {it is an example, in the realty this variable are valorized through another oRequest.querystring}
<form method="post" name="modulo" action="<%=JustPath(oProp.ScriptPath)+[/operaz-prodotti]+oProp.Ext+[?idProdotto=]+CodArt%>">
***My elaborative page

LOCAL idProd
idProd = oRequest.querystring("idProdotto") {this is empty}
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Edited Oct 1, 2014 at 5:32 PM
For POST variables from a form:

lcMailFrom=oRequest.FORM("txtMailFrom")

GET requests send all the variables via the URL, hence the querystring (POST doesn't work this way)
myaction=oRequest.querystring("action")
Oct 3, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Edited Oct 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I'm sorry, i missed to include the code of another page. I use three page:
  • One page for send form ;
  • One page for get post variable and sending that variable to another page (page 3) ;
  • One to get variable through query string.
My problem is the third page: it will get, sometimes, an empty value
Developer
Oct 3, 2014 at 4:42 PM
I had similar issue when using nested mergeScript(). Your problem could be the same. Try it out.
Marked as answer by mr_ocean on 10/27/2014 at 2:41 AM
Oct 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Thank you!
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Try the Layout Pages in the extended version of ActiveVFP. Maybe it can solve this problem by removing the need of nesting includes.

Victor Espina