godaddy support

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Developer
Dec 23, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Does godaddy support VFP in their new console?.. I was just told their improved version does not. Just wanted to make sure.
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM
No idea, but I'm pulling out all my stuff from godaddy and transferring it to arvixe. At the moment, I don't have any issues with them so I'm a happy camper. :)
Dec 24, 2014 at 9:26 AM
I got 603 working after a fashion with .net 4 (had to change from Economy Classic to Economy web).
I've read that 533 works with .Net 1.1 (which iirc was available with Economy Classic)
I'm having serious problems with the Godaddy console - specifically File Manager: mouse clicks make the screen leap about and trying to select folders sometimes gets interpreted as drag & drop with folders being shifted apparently at random.
I'm still having problems setting up web.config - sometimes I get default.aspx instead of default.avfp; and I now get error screen if I specify the full url (....default.avfp) but not if I just point to the home web.
If I get it stable I'll post the details (btw an out-of-the box install of 603 seems to work fine on localhost (Win7 64bit)
Coordinator
Dec 24, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Edited Dec 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM
What is the new console?

AFAIK, I have the latest GoDaddy hosting and everything works fine. They did change the File Manager interface which takes a little getting used to but it works fine too.

Who told you the new version does not support VFP? I find it hard to believe that GoDaddy personnel are testing Foxpro as we've implemented it in AVFP and deciding it doesn't work on something. The VFP runtime is just another DLL as far as they're concerned. They might as well have said they don't support dlls anymore! Which, of course, wouldn't make any sense...

My GoDaddy setup is AVFP 6.03, IIS7, ASP.Net Runtime Version: 4.0/4.5 , Integrated Pipeline mode on the latest economy hosting AFAIK.

$1.00/mo Web Hosting with FREE Domain
Developer
Dec 29, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Just as I suspected.. all is OK with fox and godaddy.

I guess we happened to talked to one of their technically challenged support guy who did not fully understand the difference between vfp and SQL 'database'.
And yes.. arvixe beats godaddy on lots of support points if its MS SQL database or if it exceeds 2 gig.