Installation on wk23

Topics: Developer Forum
Jun 4, 2009 at 8:14 PM

I'm trying to install activevfp on win 2k3 server and am getting a registration error for the postsetup.dll and the activevfp.dll. dotnet framework 3.5 is installed but

I think I missing some asp dependency files. how can I fix this without installing visual studio.

The "how to" link from the help file don't seem to be working

Thanks

Jun 5, 2009 at 12:48 PM

You could manually register postsetup.dll and activevfp.dll with regsvr32 from the command line.  If it still doesn't register, then, yes, you're more than likely missing the apprpriate runtime file(s).  Either those runtimes are not physically present on the target machine or they're the wrong version (not matching to the vfp version postsetup.dll and activevfp.dll were compiled with)

Jun 6, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Still grappling with this win2k3 installation.

I installed the vfp9 runtime file and the registration problems went away. Now, however when I try to create a project I get the following 2 errors:-

OLE error code 0x80020009: Exception occured

object OWAB is not found.

The files are created in the correct location but the virtual folder is not created in IIS. I also do not see the asp Tab. This supposed to be IIS v6.0 on win2k3 Enterprise sp2

What are the suggestions at this point

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're doing.  Is the win2k3 a development server or the target for the web application or both?? 

If you are distributing an application to run on a server, then you wouldn't need WebAppBuilder or any of that - just distribute the application with Installshield (see included Installshield sourcesource).  Or you could just copy over the dlls, register them, and run postsetup to create the virtuals (this sounds like it may be what you're doing).  You would do your development offline and just update the dll or html as you need to.

If you plan on using the win2k3 for development, then are you using the AVFP setup program??  oWAB is the PostSetup dll and if it registered ok then you shouldn't be getting another COM error.

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Not sure if this is relevant to your problem, but I fought with a win2003 server for a week and finally gave up and tried the VFP9 web services demo on XP SP2 and it worked the first time. Google has lots of hits about things that don't work on win2003 server. My suggestion is to prove to yourself that it does work on xp, then go back to win2003 if that is what you really need and then let us know how you did it. I know that supposedly xp has a limited number of connections and that is a reason for converting to Win2003 server if possible. Also with win2003 you can limit your clients to specific IP addresses, but with XP you must do it with your router. (I did see a vb script that allows IP restriction on XP, but I don't program in VB and don't understand the server enough to trust it. - besides a SMC router is less than $100 and I am comfortable that it works like I want)