Error with manifest file?

Topics: User Forum
Jun 12, 2015 at 11:55 AM
Edited Jun 12, 2015 at 11:56 AM
Hi friends!

Now i have a 5-6 projects of websites made with AVFP and all works fine but one of this, and only this, sometimes show me an error:
Cannot create process-default win32 sxs context, error=14001 manifest
The file webapp.manifest is the same for all websites that i made with AVFP but this is the only site that i have this problem. The only solution is the restart of IIS or, sometimes, visit another website that is on the same server.

I don't know if there is a bad IIS configuration. I've tried to remove and re-add the web application in IIS but the problem persist.

P.S. The problem persist also with a new AVFP version (a preview version that Victor sended me)
Jun 12, 2015 at 3:13 PM
Now i have error and i can give you more information:
Errore server nell'applicazione '/site1'.

Dettagli eccezione: System.ApplicationException: HttpModule_ProcessManifest.Init: Cannot create process-default win32 sxs context, error=14001 manifest=C:\ web\site7\webapp.manifest url=http://127.0.0.1/site7/

Errore nel codice sorgente: 
Durante l'esecuzione della richiesta Web corrente è stata generata un'eccezione non gestita. Per informazioni sull'origine e la posizione dell'eccezione, vedere l'analisi dello stack dell'eccezione riportata di seguito. 

Analisi dello stack: 

[ApplicationException: HttpModule_ProcessManifest.Init: Cannot create process-default win32 sxs context, error=14001 manifest=C:\web\site7\webapp.manifest url=http://127.0.0.1/site7/]
   MazeComputer.AspManifestHelpers.HttpModule_ProcessManifest.Init(HttpApplication application) +406
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +406
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +188
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +295
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetPipelineApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +56
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +231

[HttpException (0x80004005): HttpModule_ProcessManifest.Init: Cannot create process-default win32 sxs context, error=14001 manifest=C:\ web\site7\webapp.manifest url=http://127.0.0.1/site7/]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8909915
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +333

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:43 PM
Are all the applications on 1 web server or different web servers?

1.) You might want to upgrade to .NET Framework 4
2.) You could try to create another application with a completely different name and use the same source.
3.) As a last resort, you could just manually register activevfp.dll - but be aware that all of your applications will use that one file instead of their own (which may not be a problem)

Did you ever solve your PDF issue with Victor's new stuff?
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2015 at 7:35 PM
Unfortunately, no. We are still working on the issue.

Victor
Jun 15, 2015 at 10:05 AM
claudefox wrote:
Are all the applications on 1 web server or different web servers?

1.) You might want to upgrade to .NET Framework 4
2.) You could try to create another application with a completely different name and use the same source.
3.) As a last resort, you could just manually register activevfp.dll - but be aware that all of your applications will use that one file instead of their own (which may not be a problem)

Did you ever solve your PDF issue with Victor's new stuff?
All applications are on the same server, i have one root folder with one subdirectory for every application. Every subdirectory have a full AVFP installation file but with some differences.
  1. On my computer i have .NET Framework 4.5 but AVFP tell me always the version 2. I need to do a specific configuration for changing it?
  2. Yes i do it.
  3. Ok, i will try this way.
Not at all. Victory are giving me a good help and assistance to solve PDF problem.
Jun 15, 2015 at 11:30 AM
Ok, i found the way of how to change NET Framework (ASP.NET v4.0) for this app but i have the same error. If i choose ASP.NET v4.0 classic, i get error 500.
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2015 at 5:08 PM
Should be the Integrated, not Classic. AVFP should work fine with whatever the latest and greatest .NET Framework and IIS version is.
Jun 17, 2015 at 8:54 AM
Maybe the problem isn't the .Net Framework version. There is a way to remove completely a IIS app? I think that removing it from IIS manager it will leave some configuration on the computer.
Jul 14, 2015 at 1:18 PM
mr_ocean wrote:
Maybe the problem isn't the .Net Framework version. There is a way to remove completely a IIS app? I think that removing it from IIS manager it will leave some configuration on the computer.
tried this method, but the problem has not been solved. Any idea ?
Oct 7, 2015 at 1:40 PM
Hi friends!

Since my last post, on this thread, at now i haven't found any solution to solve this error. I tried to generate a new manifest file, but the problem is still here.

Any idea?
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2015 at 2:46 PM
The fact that it's only one of the applications means it's got to be something local to the windows server or configuration. If you take the same application and put it on a brand new server, I bet you don't get the error. At least this narrows down where you need to look..
Oct 7, 2015 at 4:28 PM
Uhm... I tried to change the server but the problem isn't solved. I think there is a part of VFP code that got a error but this happen randomly. For this reason, i can't understand how to do for solve.
Oct 7, 2015 at 11:10 PM
I may be way off base here but could your problem have to do with a permissions issue / access rights to one of the folders or temp folders?

Mike
Oct 8, 2015 at 4:07 PM
I don't think. Root directory and your subdir have all rights (read/write) for IIS_User
Oct 9, 2015 at 3:28 PM
Seems to be related to .Net or something else

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/86f67464-46f3-4270-8b08-f364dd5d5aea/cannot-create-processdefault-win32-sxs-context-error-14001?forum=synclab

Are you using .NET 2.0 version ? if so, worth to try a separate test with 3.5 or 4.0

Anyway , also double check your use in that site of crootpath , there is still a known bug not documented in the issues section until users decide to read tens of posts, in my customization is only happening on root , but not in subfolders, I should investigate it when soon ( before humans arrive to Mars).

HTH
Oct 9, 2015 at 4:53 PM
mr_ocean wrote:
Ok, i found the way of how to change NET Framework (ASP.NET v4.0) for this app but i have the same error. If i choose ASP.NET v4.0 classic, i get error 500.
I already tried to change the version of .NET
Oct 9, 2015 at 6:49 PM
I think it should be DefaultAppPool (v 4.0) instead of Classic, that's why I suggest doing a test in a separate IIS local installation .
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:44 AM
I don't know... Now is passed more than 1 week and there isn't an error.