Question

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Apr 18 at 2:01 AM
On the announcement of Codeplex closing, I wonder if the ActiveVfp project will be moved to GitHUb and if they will continue to support and develop new features?

Thank you.
Apr 19 at 11:16 AM
rsalamanca wrote:
On the announcement of Codeplex closing, I wonder if the ActiveVfp project will be moved to GitHUb and if they will continue to support and develop new features?

Thank you.
I note my Codeplex login still works here - will this continue? -
Apr 21 at 11:40 AM
Good question. Another question is how close is ActiveVFP to another release.
Apr 27 at 4:56 PM
I just found a discussion about either allowing external CONFIG.FPW file or setting PROGCACHE=0 in this project. This was done some time the middle of last year but is not in the current release. I would rather not build my own version just to be able to use more than 128k of memory.
Apr 27 at 5:03 PM
The reason I say this is the last commit was in 2013 and there are lots of discussions here about code and changes which are not part of this project and hosted elsewhere (where?). I've written some of my own code and I'm not familiar with how to submit it here. Some parts of this project should be split out as plugins for AVFP, for example the PDF generator or email sender that I worked on are independent of ActiveVFP itself. You shouldn't need to update all of AVFP just to update a plugin.
May 1 at 3:58 PM
Edited May 1 at 3:59 PM
Victor and I will combine our code and put it on GitHub. This August is probably a realistic time to expect this.