Appending/Inserting Data to table readonly error

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I am creating a function based on the standard verify function in MAIN.SPR program file.

When however running an append/insert on the table i receive the following error.

Error Type:
addarrangement err#= 111 line= 2267 Cannot update the cursor ARRANGE, since it is read-only.111 Cannot update the cursor ARRANGE, since it is read-only. ARRANGE .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. c:\courtonline\courtonline\courtonline.dll (0x800A006F)

1) Does the data have to be in a certain folder for append functionality to work?

2) Do i have to change settings somewhere to allow writing to table.

I open all tables shared and all queries to the data already work without any problems. Only problem with readonly error.

I hope there is an easy solution

Regards

Hendrik Labuschagne

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I've seen this happen once and a while and it was fixed with a system reset.  I'm not sure why it happens..

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2009 at 6:36 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Claude, can you elaborate on the system reset.

I'm testing the sample application once gain but  instead of the data in the default location (C:\Program Files\dotComSolution\data), I hardcoded the path in the main.prg to have the variable lcDataPath redirect to '\\myotherpc\data'.

This is the actual message on my browser:

Caught .NET exception, source: tableauth err#= 111 line= 861 Cannot update the cursor MCOOKIES, since it is read-only.111 Cannot update the cursor MCOOKIES, since it is read-only. MCOOKIES .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. c:\program files\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo41\activevfp.dll message: c:\program files\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo41\activevfp.dll

Am I missing something?