Exlusive use of DBF

Topics: Developer Forum
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Hello Claude,

Let me begin my series of question by saying Thanks for this wonderful product.

My question basically is getting around the IIS stuff and VFP.  As I ran notice in the sample demo application, once I use the address below in IE and login as Harry/Harry and exit the browser, I cannot use the table CNUSERS exclusively if I have to make modification for example to it's table structure.  How can I stop the IIS? to disconnect from the tables so I can have exclusive use.  Hope I explain it clear enough.

Thanks again.

http://localhost/avfpdemo41/default.aspx?action=login

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Try this cmd:

net stop w3svc  

then when you're finished

net start w3svc

You could also use the web services GUI in the administrators tools to stop/start.

(There's probably some way to back up data without stopping IIS but I don't know off the top of my head but I think I saw a description of how to do it someplace...)

Coordinator
Oct 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Thanks Claude,

That will work for the moment, but might not if I have this running from a server that's running multiple websites.  Stopping the web services means stopping every website on that server, am I right?

Coordinator
Oct 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM

If you have it set up as an 'application' in IIS, I believe you can press a button in the IIS GUI (right click the the virtual directory) to just stop the application.  At least IIS used to work this way...