Temporary folders

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Guys, my application is running in great at the moment in an XP machine (SP3).  Once I use a Vista machine and send a query that create a temporary table, it give me this error message.

Caught .NET exception, source: max_getavailschedbydate_userid err#= 1705 line= 1151 File access is denied c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\u90yvuc6.dbf.1705 File access is denied c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\u90yvuc6.dbf. c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\u90yvuc6.dbf .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. c:\program files\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo41\activevfp.dll message: c:\program files\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo41\activevfp.dll

Im assuming that Activevfp.dll is using c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\ as a temporary folder but you can correct me if i'm wrong.  If I'm right then how can I change this?

So basically same source code but different folder but different result is happening.

Thanks,

Aldrin

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Yeah you definitely want to create your temp tables in one of the included temp folders (ones that have been set up with the proper rights) or in one of your own that has the proper rights (see PostSetup project to see what the proper rights are for folder writing).  Then use "set default to" or equivalent to make sure everything goes there (this is done automatically in the init at the bottom of main.prg in the demo)..