Multiple websites / same server

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 29, 2010 at 4:58 PM

I have an existing AVFP application (using v3) that has been successfully deployed for several years. I am now looking to deploy a separate AVFP app on the same server, and I am unsure how best to deploy them side-by-side.

• Can the existing app be left on v3 and the new app be deployed using v4.1?
  • Are multiple AVFP apps supposed to share the same MTDLL?
  • The v3 app uses a set of classes defined in a prg, which is currently compiled into the MTDLL. If I don't include the prg in the project, what is the best way to access these classes from either main.prg or directly from the HTML file?

TIA, Dan

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2010 at 4:18 PM

All v4.1 apps would share the activevfp.dll.  That was a change starting with version 4 so that deployment and maintenance would be simpler.  Conversion to v4.1 should be simple though - everything pretty much works the same.

You should be able to call or set library, etc. just like normal from main.prg or even any HTML. 

If you're interested in how activevfp.prg is loaded, proxystub.prg is the first prg called from asp.net or asp and subclasses the activevfp class in activevfp.prg.  Main.prg (and all html script code) is executed as an external prg from proxystub.prg.  If you wanted to include your own class in activevfp.prg, that would work too..

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:07 AM
Hi Claude - I have been digging around trying to get the infrastructure into my head. When you say:
"If you're interested in how activevfp.prg is loaded, proxystub.prg is the first prg called from asp.net or asp and subclasses the activevfp class in activevfp.prg"
How and where exactly is "proxystub called?

I know it is very elementary but I was pulling my hear out looking for the "oprop=NEWOBJECT(" line as the first line in MAIN has a reference to "oprop.ext". Searching through source and install footprint I cannot seem to find the ASP stuff?
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Check out the source code, especially AVFPhandler.cs which works with the AVFP mtdll.