hosting a activevfp project

Topics: Project Management Forum, User Forum
Aug 6, 2007 at 7:04 AM
Dear friends :

I ready to deploy a ActiveVFP project into a web server and i have some questions:

-What specific DLL is needed to register into the webserver(without include the ActiveVFPNameProjec.dll)?
-The hosting provider offer the HTTPDOCS and CGI_BIN dirs to upload my website files, but the ActiveVFP directory structure is less diferent, do you have some guidelines to solve this situation?, how the virtual directories may be configurated and point to the website name?.

Thanks for your help!

miguel
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2007 at 6:11 AM
1.) You need to register the "ActiveVFPNameProjec.dll" on the target machine and you'll have to include the ActiveVFPNameProjec.dll.tlb,ActiveVFPNameProjec.vbr, and all the VFP runtime files except the VFP?r.dll and gdiplus.dll (see http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~VFP9RuntimeFiles~VFP for list)
2.) Conceivably, you could put the application dll and runtime files in the CGI_BIN dir and all the HTML templates in HTTPDOCS. Where will the data go? It could go in either, but, you'll need to allow read/write access.

All of this is assuming alot: do you have complete command line control over the server? It's definitely doable, but, the less you can do on that server the harder it will be..
Aug 7, 2007 at 7:04 AM
Edited Aug 7, 2007 at 7:07 AM
Claude :

Ok, i am using a "manual" setup instructions no installshield file is permited by the webhosting company.

1 -Register the vfp9t.dll
2 -Register avfpsolution.dll
3 -Copy the entire avfpsolution directory structure to my hosting default directory.
3 -share as virtual dir the wwwroot as the main entry to load the defaulta.asp(name as avfpsolution)
4 -share as virtual dir the avfpsolutionR as image source and another references.
5 -point the domain to avfpsolution virtual dir not to .../HTTPDOCS
6 -when attemp to load www.mynamehost.net the next message is displayed...
"Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'=20
Server.CreateObject Access Error=20
/Default.asp, line 4=20
The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. =
Access is denied to this object. "

this is the default.asp content

<%
Session.Timeout = 1440
Response.Expires=0
Set oServer = Server.CreateObject("avfpsolution.server")
Set oServer = oServer.GetDebugObject()
Response.Write(oServer.process())
%>

Thanks for your help...

miguel

note : the webhosting owner is a friend, and let me some considerations or rights to deploy de project.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2007 at 1:59 PM
What's the OS? The included setup.prg (postsetup project) will grant the proper anonymous user accounts the right authority based on whatever the OS is. Please take a look at this prg.
Aug 7, 2007 at 2:45 PM
Thanks for your help Claude :

-Windows 2003 web Edition. SP1

I have installed in mi pc windows 2003 server standard edition as developer machine, the AVFPDemo3 install shield package not finish correctly when i attempt to install the app samples and builder.

If copy manually the entire folders solution and share the thwo virtual and run at http://localhost/AVFPsolution/default.asp, work fine.

may be necesary install VFP into the server to build and run the postsetup prg file?

Thanks again!

Miguel
Aug 7, 2007 at 3:10 PM
Claude :

when install the AVFPdemo9 app, this message is showed :

Runtime Error!

Program: c:\Program Files\dotComSolution\PostSetup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in a unusual way
please contact the application's support team for more information.

In the prior version of the installer package this error not occurs...

Thanks Again.

miguel
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2007 at 6:13 PM
Edited Aug 7, 2007 at 6:16 PM
- when you get that error, the runtimes are out of whack in some way: either you're missing some required runtimes, the runtimes can't be found (installed in inproper directory), or runtimes from different vfp versions are on that server.
-Since you're using 2003 Server, the Network_Service account is your main concern. You could just do the following CACLS commands (or just right click to security settings from Windows File Explorer) from the command line (taken from setup.prg):
  • NETWORK_SERVICE
IF ll2003
*data dir
STRTOFILE(cacls "lcPath1" /E /G NETWORK_SERVICE+:W + CHR(13)CHR(10),THIS.cAppStartPath"temp.cmd",.T.)
STRTOFILE(cacls "lcPath1" /E /G NETWORK_SERVICE+:R + CHR(13)CHR(10),THIS.cAppStartPath"temp.cmd",.T.)
*error log dir
STRTOFILE(cacls "lcPath2" /E /G NETWORK_SERVICE+:W + CHR(13)CHR (10),THIS.cAppStartPath"temp.cmd",.T.)
*app temp dir
STRTOFILE(cacls "lcPath3" /E /G NETWORK_SERVICE+:W + CHR(13)CHR(10),THIS.cAppStartPath"temp.cmd",.T.)
*general temp dir
STRTOFILE(cacls "lcPath4" /E /G NETWORK_SERVICE+:W + CHR(13)CHR(10),THIS.cAppStartPath"temp.cmd",.T.)
*uploads temp dir
STRTOFILE(cacls "lcPath5" /E /G NETWORK_SERVICE+:W + CHR(13)CHR(10),THIS.cAppStartPath"temp.cmd",.T.)
*individual data files
FOR lnI = 1 TO lnFileCount
STRTOFILE(cacls "lcPath1\laDataFiles(lnI,1)" /E /G NETWORK_SERVICE+:W + CHR(13)CHR(10),THIS.cAppStartPath"temp.cmd",.T.)
STRTOFILE(cacls "lcPath1\laDataFiles(lnI,1)" /E /G NETWORK_SERVICE+:R + CHR(13)CHR(10),THIS.cAppStartPath"temp.cmd",.T.)
ENDFOR
ENDIF

wipar wrote:
Claude :

when install the AVFPdemo9 app, this message is showed :

Runtime Error!

Program: c:\Program Files\dotComSolution\PostSetup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in a unusual way
please contact the application's support team for more information.

In the prior version of the installer package this error not occurs...

Thanks Again.

miguel