Installation / Deployment

Apr 1, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Can anybody confirm the procedure for installation or deployment manually?

I am referring to the setup in IIS - can files be placed into virtual directory, router access configured and away you go? What files / requirements are there - in other words what is the compulsory sequence to get ActiveVFP up & running?

Fantastic product by the way!

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2010 at 12:37 AM

The included installshield setup program should do everything to install the demo application on your target machine.  The key bits are registering the COM server and doing a "PostSetup" for IIS virtual directories for the application.  The target machine just needs to have 1 copy of activevfp.dll to serve any number vfp web applications.  If you've installed ActiveVFP, that's what it should have done along with launching your browser at the end of the setup to access the demo web app. 

For deployment, you can do the same thing with your own app (instead of the demo app).  There's an included Installshield project - you need to replace the "avfpdemo" string with the name of your app.  There's also the same Installshield project I used to distribute ActiveVFP available in the "source-only" download.  You could probably use anything else too.   Like I said, the keys are to register the needed servers and to run the PostSetup.prg which will set up the virtual directory automatically along with setting rights on the folders you'll use.  Checkout PostSetup.prg for more info.  You could also get the needed steps from there if you would rather do a manual deployment.