Multiple database

Topics: Developer Forum
Coordinator
Jun 18, 2010 at 9:41 PM
What's the easiest approach if I have multiple database involve in a single project? Like for example a have a MiniDB for getting information sent from the project website and I also have the MainDB for validating records collected from the MiniDB? I'm using this approach so I maintenance is being done in the MainDB (re-indexing; exclusive use of DB), the website can still collect information since it's being collected by the MiniDB. Make sense?
Coordinator
Jun 18, 2010 at 10:09 PM

I don't know - you might have to experiment.  Is there a problem with the way you're inclined to do it?

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2010 at 10:13 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2010 at 10:16 PM
No problems at all. For my project, I just don't want to hit the main database for registration purposes since the client is doing maintenance every night on the main database. If this is the case then, then plan B should be done. That means making the registration page another separate project. Actually now I'm thinking of plan B, I think it will be 2 project. One the registration page and two the application that will act as a bridge between the 2 dataset. This is gonna be fun... :)
Coordinator
Jun 21, 2010 at 8:58 PM
So I added a new property and it seems to work... basically this stores the 2nd DB path. Then I just have a function that returns successful connection before I write something in the actual table. oProp.ADDPROPERTY("myseconddb","X:\myseconddb")