FoxPress basic questions?? Database?

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I guess it should be decided if we should do FoxPress with MySQL backend like WordPress, MS SQl, plain old DBFs, or all of them?

I think I would recommend just dbfs for the backend database, at least at first,  since it's just easier to install and use and takes advantage of a lot of the native foxpro stuff.  If there's demand for the other ones, we can do those later..

Thoughts??

ALSO, do you want to make these conversations private among team members or open to the public??

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 5:05 AM

I agree that we should start this project for dbfs for starter.  By the time that we have a familiarize with the in and outs of WordPress with native dbfs, other could follow.

For conversation among team members I would tend to go private to have things in focus.  The thing making conversation as public is sometimes you can`t avoid post that is off-topic and it would be another work for you to moderate those things instead of just focusing on what we want to achieve.

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Ok, and ok on the private developer discussion.  I believe it works by selecting Developers Only when starting a Discussion.  So I'll do that each time from now on.