Windows 7 Install

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2010 at 10:31 PM
Edited Nov 30, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Here's my setup:

• Clean install of Windows7 (PRO) 32Bit
  • Clean install of VFP9 plus SP2
  • Clean install of Visual Studio Express 2010 (VB).  It alson install .NET 4 framework
  • Add IIS from Control Panel>Programs and Features
    • Selected Web Management Tools (IIS 6 Management console [inlcuding all sub-nodes of this section], IIS Management console, IIS Management service)
    • WWW Services
  1. Restarted the workstation, open the browser, typed in localhost in the browser and I can see the IIS7 Welcome banner.
  2. Downloaded the AVFP5 for ASP.NET 2.0, extract it under C:\inetpub\wwwroot\avfp51
  3. Went to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>IIS manager and create the following:
  • Right click on the Default Web Site>Add Virtual Directory> Added avfp51 as ALIAS> point the Physical Path to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\avfp51
  • Click Ok, Run the Browser,
  • typed in http://localhost/avfp51/default.asp and this is the message:

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

• typed in http://localhost/avfp51/default.aspx and its a different one, but can't seem to make it work still.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.
Source Error:
Line 44:            by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
Line 45:     -->
Line 46:     <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 47:
Line 48:     <!--  AUTHORIZATION

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\avfp51\web.config    Line: 46

I didn't experience this in my XP install by the way for the same AVFP5 version.  Any tips for this install?

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Did you enable ASP and ASPX extensions in IIS??

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I installed another copy to my new work computer.  Here's the setup.

1. Windows 7 (32bit)
  2. Install IIS
    1. Install Mgmt. Compatibility
    2. Install IIS Mgmt. console
  3. Install WWW service
    1. ASP
    2. ASP.NET
  4. Test localhost from browser. 
  5. Extract AVFP5 (for .NET 1.1) under C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
  6. Test localhost\avfp5\default.asp.  Error on page.
  7. Register activevfp.dll.  Test localhost\avfp5\default.asp again, this time I got the page working.
  8. Tried modifying sample data from Simple List.  Got an error on save.
  9. Add permission on DATA and TEMP folder.  Test modifying data, and now it saves perfectly.

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2010 at 2:34 AM

Yeah, if you're starting with no web environment at all, there's a list of things to make sure are installed like you did.  For a copy and run type of install, if it's a web host or if the web server has already been tested with ASP/ASP.NET then it's good to go.