godaddy

Apr 12, 2011 at 5:41 AM

Hello Claude.

I would like, first to apologize, coz i know the issue is somewhat missed placed. We registered 2 domain names through godaddy mombasapolythene.com and kenapacsystems.com, the first for work matters and the second for developments and testing. Then we purchased from goddady a hosting plan  of [4GH ultimate for three years], but the guy who made the purchases selected linux option instead of windows. I did create mombasapolythene.com but is being processed on godaddy side.

Can you please help me with godaddy to put those things to windows. I will realy appriciate if you can do this brother. I did contact the support too and am waiting for their repply

Sincerely

Alwy Ali  

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 8:27 PM
Edited Apr 12, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Alwy,

First off, I REALLY wish anyone that gets GoDaddy to use with ActiveVFP would please, when purchasing their services, take one of the many affiliate links located here, on the demo site, and in the documentation so that I might get some little compensation for all the time and effort I put into this project.

To fix your problem I would just cancel your existing stuff and start over (this time please use this (New Go Daddy Customers: Save 25% through 4/30) or any other affiliate link here).  If you take my affiliate links when buying GoDaddy I promise I will be even more helpful.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Hello Claude

Thank you so much, you saved my day. I clicked the link above as you suggested, it took me to godadday, i logged in as i did last time. I have not gone through the process again, am kind of pressed for the next 5 hours and also i just wanted to know if there is anything else i should do in regard to affiliate you mention [ain got no clue what it's all about]. Am new at godaddy just getting the feel of where abouts. If there is anything you think i should know in respect to affiliate or anything, i will be delighted to learn. I went through the 10 steps procedure you wrote, and thanks for that too. I will keep in touch

Sincerely

Alwy Ali

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Alwy, if you simply make the GoDaddy purchase from my affiliate links I will get a small compensation from GoDaddy.  In other words, when you're ready to buy something from GoDaddy take one of my affiliate links and make the purchase.  If you go to GoDaddy using my links and pop out to another site without buying, I get no credit.

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Hi Claude

From now henceforth, any dealing with goddaddy will be through your affiliate links. Again thank you

Sincerely

Alwy Ali

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:22 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Hi Claude.

I managed to put ActiveVfp hosted at godaddy without any difficulties at all check this site - Kenapac Systems . as i said the purpose of that site is to play around with Activevfp and enhance it in a grand scale [enterprise wise so to speak], but within the confinement of vfp and all other things like javascript ajax etc will be derived from vfp. if you check the site now you will find nothing but ActiveVfp ver 5.5 in it's entirety

Sincerely

Alwy Ali

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Glad to hear it.  Did you get 4GH (cloud version of hosting) or the regular hosting?

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I dont know which is the cloud version, but we got the one called 4GH ultimate with unlimited space and fixed ipaddress among other things (a three year plan)