GhostScript Help!

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 6, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Here is the error message I am now getting when opening a report:

Caught .NET exception, source: mts err#= 1429 line= 1018 OLE IDispatch exception code 1753 from gsconvertfile err#= 1753line= 995 Cannot load 32-bit DLL gsdll32.dll.: c:\program files\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo41\pdfrun.exe..1429 OLE IDispatch exception code 1753 from gsconvertfile err#= 1753line= 995 Cannot load 32-bit DLL gsdll32.dll.: c:\program files\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo41\pdfrun.exe.. c:\program files\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo41\pdfrun.exe gsconvertfile err#= 1753line= 995 Cannot load 32-bit DLL gsdll32.dll. 0 1753 c:\program files\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo41\activevfp.dll message: c:\program files\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo41\activevfp.dll

I have re-installed from http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostscript/files/AFPL%20Ghostscript/8.54/gs854w32.exe/download

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks!

Coordinator
May 6, 2011 at 6:44 PM

So, it just started happening after it had been working??  Did you do anything to your computer prior to this happening? 

Then you re-installed.  Were the error messages the same in both instances?

Sounds like maybe it can't find gsdll32.dll  but I don't know why.

May 7, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Yes, it has been working.. Is the link I posted aboce correct for the installer? Is there anything I can try to resolve this?

We are demonstrating it Monday 9am!

thanks

Coordinator
May 7, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I can spend an hour on this if you're willing to buy some consulting time.  Go to the Donate button.  It's $75/hr with a minimum of 1 hour.

May 8, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Unfortunately I am not in a position to spedna ny money - no offence meant here.

We are doing a demonstration with a view to sales, and this has been working for some time.. I have uninstalled GhostScript, CutePDF, rebooted, then reinstalled from the link I posted above. Is there any chance you have any ideas as to why it has stopped working?

The DLL resides in C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.54\bin

Sincere thanks in advance

Coordinator
May 8, 2011 at 6:40 PM

i gave you my idea above - it's up to you now to spend the time to solve it.  if I don't know the answer off the top of my head I'm not in a position to spend any time on it unless you a) get extended support or b) buy consulting time.  Sorry, I'm very busy..

May 18, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Ok, FYI (and anybody else interested) I had to copy the DLL into the System32 folder and register it there. Problem solved..

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Thanks for this info!  I'm sure it will help many here.