Latest release

Topics: Developer Forum
May 18, 2011 at 4:09 PM

After my PC fell over I have had to start again, for some reason I couldn't get my 4.1 working, so I downloaded the latest version, which is so very easy to do!

Question though, is there a benefit to using code in HTML? Most of my code resides in the Main.prg file, I presume I can copy this in to the 5.5 version? It would be a shame to re-write it into the HTML if there is no good reason.

many Thanks

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 4:37 PM

No real reason to code in html or prg - just preference really.

May 19, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Quick one really, I have followed the instructions to the letter for installing (for a change), and got to this stage:

<Full path of PDFrun.exe file> /RegServer  (e.g. C:\Program Files\dotComSolution\AVFPdemo5\pdfrun.exe /RegServer) 

I presume this means regsvr32 c:\program files\activevfp\pdfrun.exe - but windows fails to register this saying its not a DLL. I then cant see it when I run DCOMCNFG. I know I'm having a slow day here, but what did I get wrong.

Can't fault the instructions though !

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 5:40 PM

To register EXE com servers and PDFrun.exe it actually is:  C:\Program Files\dotComSolution\AVFPdemo5\pdfrun.exe /RegServer  (or wherever you installed avfp). 

regsvr32 is only for DLL servers

For setting rights:  DCOMCNFG is buried somewhere in COM Services Manager or Computer Management somewhere now.  Do a google to find where DCOMCNFG is per your OS

May 19, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Sorry about that, bit of a "senior" moment.. Not sure what I was thinking when reading the instructions..! Oh well, thanks anyway!

May 23, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Thanks for previous post, I have  a basic question now relating to CSS:

I have a file, index.html, which contains the line:

link rel="stylesheet" href="../css/envision/Envision.css" type="text/css"

I have retained the same directory structure as in the download of ASP1.1, and have a CSS folder. Inside the CSS folder is the envision folder, where the CSS resides. The CSS points all image paths to images/[theimagename]. WHen I view this in FrontPage for example, all pictures appear. Yet when viewing online, they dont, the HTM Lappears, without formatting.

So, the CSS resides in C:\Program Files\myweb\css\envision\ [envision.css]

the images reside in C:\Program Files\myweb\css\envision\images

The HTML file points correctly to the CSS, using the ../css/envision/envision.css link.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks in advance!!

Coordinator
May 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM
try this (from header.htm):

<link type="text/css" href="css/envision/Envision.css" rel="stylesheet" />

Put the images in one or both of the existing \images folders and reference them like in the demo app.

(The way I have \images directory is probably confusing.
I have two different folders with the exact same images just so they'll work in both the HTML editor and in the application.
The way I have images referenced in the application means images need to be in the \images directory and \html\images . Not elegant but it works for the stated purpose...)

May 24, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Thanks for that, it worked first time. I will continue to place images in both folders, it makes life easier.

I prefer this format now, where there isn't a second virtual directory, its all in one!

Thanks for your help