getting this error

Topics: User Forum
Feb 3, 2012 at 4:44 AM

I've upgraded to windows 7 for sometime now but just getting around to using activevfp.

I downloaded the latest version but when I try to run my old app I get the following  message.

what could be the problem?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 6:      <trace enabled="false" pageOutput="false" writeToDiagnosticsTrace="false" />
Line 7:      <compilation debug="true" />
Line 8:      <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 9:      <httpModules>
Line 10:       <clear/>

Source File: C:\avfp5.61Demo\web.config    Line: 8

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5448; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5456

Feb 3, 2012 at 6:54 AM

"This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."

Go into IIS Manager and make the Virtual Directory an "Application"

Feb 3, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I made the directory an application and when I go to the browser the default activevfp page is coming up.

I notice there is no HTML folder in the 5.61 setup

and the default page is set to a *.avfp extension (How do you set this extension) and where is the default.aspx

I had copied my codes into the main program and the other files to the C:\avfp5.61Demo directory

Help

Feb 3, 2012 at 9:31 PM

The .avfps take the place of default.aspx and all of the html.  So instead of default.aspx there is a default.avfp.  The HTTP handler (app_code.dll in the Bin directory) takes the place of the functionality of default.aspx. 

---

Changing the extension scriptmap (AVFP5.61 only)

1.) Rename all files with .avfp to the desired extension:  REN *.avfp *.mynewext

2.) In Web.Config, find this section:
<handlers>
<add verb="*" path="*.avfp"
name="AVFPHandler"
type="AVFPHandler"/>
</handlers>

3.) Rename .avfp to .mynewext as follows:
<handlers>
<add verb="*" path="*.mynewext"
name="AVFPHandler"
type="AVFPHandler"/>
</handlers>