about com+

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jul 27, 2008 at 8:01 AM
between   Com+ runtime and MT Com,which have better  performance?
i set up activeVfp to com+ for some resion ,but i'm not sure the com+ can get better prormance.
are there some advise?

Coordinator
Jul 29, 2008 at 3:50 AM
COM+ will be slower when running from ASP or ASP.net.  The only reason to use COM+ is for accessing network databases or SQL Server and impersonating a user with rights to those resources. 
Jul 29, 2008 at 4:41 AM
but not  use com+,i can access sql server also.to connect to sql server,must use com+?

Coordinator
Jul 30, 2008 at 2:14 AM
There are various ways to achieve the same results for impersonating a user that has proper rights to access a networked database.  COM+ is one.  Another is the machine.config in ASP.NET.  All of this is for security purposes...
Jul 30, 2008 at 5:39 AM
Thanks very much!
  I only  using sqlconnect(connection string) to connect to other machine's sql server. i think that this is the most simply way.  why machine.config、com+?
 in addition,i want to know how to use  connectiong polling in activeVfp?  because to construct a  connection to database is time-consuming.
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2008 at 2:02 PM
Usually anonymous web users of your application will not have enough rights to access network resources such as a database on a network drive or SQl Server- thus you have Com+, web.config, etc to allow impersonation of an account that does have proper rights.