Example with parameters

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Hello!

I use VFP for many years and I think the ActiveVFP a great initiative, but can not find anexample of passing parameters between pages.

For example, how do I pass parameters to a page (name, password) to another?

I tried to use the oSession.Value, but I can not get the value entered in the previous form.

Thanks for the help!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original text in portuguese from Brazil:
Ola! 
Utilizo o VFP há muito anos e acho o ActiveVFP uma grande iniciativa, porém, não encontro um exemplo de passagem de parametros entre páginas.
Por exemplo, como faço para passar os parametros de uma pagina ( nome, senha ) para outra ?
Tentei utilizar o oSession.Value,  porém não consigo obter o valor digitado no formulário anterior. 
Obrigado pela ajuda! 

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Check out the examples in the demo app, dude - all will be revealed!

FWIW, web programming is different from desktop programming.  Grab variables from forms or querystrings like the following (from the demo):

lcCompany = UPPER(NVL(oRequest.Form("txtCompany"),[]))    &&retrieve form field from HTML

lnStart=VAL(oRequest.querystring("page"))           &&retrieve value passed on the URL

or, if you need for variables to hang around, put them in the session object:

lcOrder=oSession.VALUE("thissort")       &&retrieve value from the session object

JUST look at the examples and try to learn web programming...

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Thank you!

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Se nao forem parametros secretos uma boa opcao é passar via url tipo

kardex.avfp?cod=01781

Isto passara a variavel codigo para a proximapagina

e la voce le a variavel assim

Pcodigo = oRequest.oRequest.querystring('cod').ITEM()

Abs