Adobe Postscript driver

Topics: Developer Forum
May 6, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm running windows 7 64 bit and I can't install adobe postscript driver. Do you have solutions for these?

Thanks.

Coordinator
May 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM

There's a 32-bit defpscol.ppd postscript driver in the Reports directory that works.  You must be running the 32-bit version of ghostscript(the exact same version identified in the docs) too.

May 7, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Thanks claudefox, however I can't find ghoscript version 8.54. Is it compatible with version 9.05? which i think is the latest version. I'm really having a hard time configuring the report. It gives me this error:

Caught .NET exception, source: PDF.AVFP 00007gh5000i err#= 1733 line= 2 Class definition PDFRUN.PRINT2PDF is not found.1733 Class definition PDFRUN.PRINT2PDF is not found. PDFRUN.PRINT2PDF .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. c:\avfp5.61Demo\activevfp.dll message: c:\avfp5.61Demo\activevfp.dll 

By the way, how do i use the ppd file? I suppose it should be installed during the installation of ghostscript right? Hope to receive feedback from you.

Thanks.

Coordinator
May 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

ghoscript version 8.54

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostscript/files/GPL%20Ghostscript/

Documentation:

http://thetechconsult.com/demo/html/docs.htm#report

Sep 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

hi, all,

I've follow the instructions to select "Ghostscript Colour Printer" until it shows screen with following message :

"Driver Information:        Version: PScript5 5.2        Destination Directory: C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86

Printer Information:        Generic Colour PostScript on FILE:        The PostScript Printer Description (PPD) file is: DEFPSCOL.PPD

This printer will not be the default printer.        A test page will be printed."

After this, I get error message "Fail to AddPrinter (Ghostscript Colour Printer) System error: 1979 The printer is unknown".

I've installed the ghoscript version 8.54 without error. FYI I am using Win7 64 bit OS.

Please any help or advise ?

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM

On Win 7 64-bit, the original "Generic Colour PostScript"  will NOT work at all.  Some of the PS Printer Drivers that come with Win 7 WILL work and you'll need to pick one and install it from the regular Windows 'Add printer'.

1.) A suitable one is "Xerox Phaser 6120 PS".

2.) You'll need to access DCOM to configure PDFRun.PrintToPDF with this command on Win 7 64-bit:

mmc comexp.msc /32

3.) In PDF.avfp, you'll need to add this property to the oPDF object like:

<%

oPDF=CREATEOBJECT("pdfrun.print2pdf")

if isnull(oPDF)

return .f.

endif

oPDF.cPSColorPrinter ="Xerox Phaser 6120 PS"

4.)  The above is the good news.  The bad news is that it seems like I have to modify the PDFrun project and EXE COM because the SetPrinter routine foolishly does not match the name correctly using UPPERs....   So.....  I was hoping to have a new release out sometime soon anyway ... maybe days ...  that WILL have this fix...

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM
Edited Oct 25, 2012 at 3:50 AM

Hi, im using windows 7 32 bit, but why i cant install Adobe Postscript driver

i have install Ghost script 8.54 too, but still got the error... how i can solve this?

thanks....

-- I solved the install -- with compatibility mode

but i still cant find the PDFRun.Print2PDF in DCOMCNFG?

what is the problem, or can u tell me how to install it, cuz i cant find pdfrun.exe or defpscol.zip 

where is located in ghostscript?

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Hi Claudfox,
the directions you posted for installing print2pdf on a windows 64 bit machine go to a dead site. Can you post the directions again?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Developer
Oct 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM
This link may also be helpful.