Error working with cookies (SOLVED!)

Topics: User Forum
Developer
Oct 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Hi Claude!

First of all, congratulations for your excellent work. ActiveVFP rocks!

Well, I'm developing an interactive website with AVFP5.51 (for ASP.NET 2.0), IIS 6.0 (Windows 2003 Server) and Visual FoxPro 9 SP2.

Everything works fine, except for the tasks with cookies: when you try to write or delete the browser is crashing with this message:

"Caught .NET exception, source: MAIN.PRG delete err#= 1426 line= 1228 Código de error OLE 0x80020005: Código de estado de COM desconocido.1426 Código de error OLE 0x80020005: Código de estado de COM desconocido. 80020005: Código de estado de COM desconocido .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. C:\Inetpub\sgr2\activevfp.dll message: C:\Inetpub\sgr2\activevfp.dll"

Any ideas?

Developer
Oct 17, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Edited Oct 17, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Hi Claude! I found the solution!

activevfp.dll fails when oCookie is setting the Expires value.
I changed [January 1, 2035] with [2035/01/01] and works!
I think that language of os is responsible for this trouble.
So, can you fix it for the next version? 

For now, I don't use AVFPcookie class and I make all the work in main.prg

Regards

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Thanks for the solution!

To add this to a release, you would have to download the source, add the fix, and test it... preferably with instructions on how to do for any language too :>)

After I get this next version 6 out (which includes several community contributions), I won't be adding any more stuff myself- new stuff will only come from the community.  I will continue to coordinate the the changes into the latest releases though.

Also see:  

Policy for Adding New Features/Fixes from the Community to a New ActiveVFP Release