JSON Rest services

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 19, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Hello Claude,

I'm converting a PHP based web site to AVFP and would like to do an step forward interacting with RESTful JSON data sources to communicate with server side database/persistent data storage.

Most Javascript frameworks API (Jquery, Dojo) allows to simplify client server communications using straightforward Javascrip instead of build communications for CRUD actions. 

You said that you are finishing a JQuery Example before release AVFP 6 ("AVFP MVC"), did you had success in implementing this?

Any news on AVFP 6 release date?

Regards

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Well, we're using Craig Boyd's JSON class in AVFP on the server and it's worked for me so far.  What you need to do is familiarize yourself with the JSON format being returned to the client.  Firebug is a cool tool to look at the JSON coming back from the server.  And then adjust your jQuery or whatever to use that JSON format.

I just need to wrap up a few things in AVFP 6 - hopefully in the next few days- and then it will be released here.  They'll be a jqGrid and a jQuery Mobile example that uses the JSON returned by Craig Boyd's VFP JSON class.