Where is all the Source Code

Mar 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Hi

I am looking for all the source code but cannot find it. I found a bunch of "xaml" files on this site but that is not what I am looking for. Where do I find the code that produced the activevfp.dll and where is the complete documentation for activevfp? The documentation I have says things like "here are SOME of methods" of this or that class. I am trying to wrap my mind around the way activeVFP works vs web-connection which I have used for years and know inside and out. So reading the source code would certainly help me switch to the activeVFP way.

Thanks,
Simon
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Edited Mar 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM
The source code zip files are on the Downloads page on the right side:

http://activevfp.codeplex.com/releases/view/53030

You'll see:

AVFP6.03sourceonly

and

AVFP5.53sourceonly

Combine either one with the regular production release and you'll have the complete project.

They used to let me put the Source Code zip files on the Source Code page but now I guess they want to force people to use their system. I haven't delved into using it yet - looks sort of complicated but we'll see..

The biggest differences between WWC and AVFP, apart from AVFP being completely open source, is the use of VFP MTDLL technology in AVFP which will allow your vfp web apps to perform faster and scale better than EXE based servers. (I know they say wwc will do mtdll servers but as soon as anybody actually wants to do one in wwc they tell them they should do an EXE instead!)

Secondly, you can host your VFP web apps on far more cheap ($5/mo) commercial web hosts, even the big ones like GoDaddy.

The fact that AVFP is a community project also means that this project will likely be continuously updated with new and interesting ideas from the VFP community -something you probably won't see in commercial products for one reason or another.
Mar 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Thank-you I do not know why I did not see it I guess I just focused on the header items.