Why is my website URL triggering ActiveVFP?

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Hi

On my website (www.KardallFinancialServices.com) I want the index.htm to be displayed when the user first goes to the site however the I am getting the following error:

Caught .NET exception, source: MAIN.PRG 00005kx5001a err#= 1 line= 45 File does not exist.1 File does not exist. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. d:\kardtech\customers\kardallfs\Pivotal\activevfp.dll message: d:\kardtech\customers\kardallfs\Pivotal\activevfp.dll

However, if I use (www.KardallFinancialServices.com/index.htm) I get the proper home page. I have set the default document in IIS to "index.htm" so I am wondering what is triggering activeVFP to run when it should not.

Thanks,
Simon
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Apparently, in your IIS, default.avfp is higher in the default document list right now than index.htm. You should be able to easily readjust the priority of default documents in IIS Manager. Just move index.htm above default.avfp. Removing default.avfp from the root directory should have the same effect.
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM
One other thing: I think you mentioned you changed the extension from .avfp to something else. If you did this you'll also need to change Web.Config.

Change the *.avfp in the following to whatever your new extension is:
<handlers>
      <add verb="*" path="*.avfp"
        name="AVFPHandler"
        type="AVFPHandler"/>
      <add verb="*" path="*."
        name="AVFPRESTHandler"
        type="AVFPHandler"/>
    </handlers>
Mar 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I have not changed the extension I am using .avfp.

Secondly the I had removed everything except "index.htm" from the default document list so the order should not be the problem.

Thanks,
Simon
Mar 7, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Hi

I figured out the cause of the problem. It was the "REST" handler. Once I removed it from the web.config file and left only the "*.avfp" handle then the index page was displayed in response to "www.KardallFinancialServices.com" and ActiveVFP was invoked with the url "www.KardallFinancialServices.com/kfsmaster.avfp".

Should the "rest" handler be triggered by the domain name? How would you avoid the domain name triggering ActiveVFP if you wanted to use "REST" with an application on your site. Would you change the path in the web.config to "/myapp/*."?

Thanks
Simon
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I'm glad you got it.

I haven't experimented with all the combinations so your idea is worth trying if you want to use both .avfp scripts and REST/MVC together. Otherwise, just take out the *.avfp handler clause from web.config so it just does the extensionless stuff if you just want REST/MVC calls.
Mar 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM
When i click on PDF reports, it shows following error;

Caught .NET exception, source: PDF.AVFP 00009y5l008o err#= 1426 line= 2 OLE error code 0x80070005: Access is denied.1426 OLE error code 0x80070005: Access is denied. 80070005: Access is denied .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. c:\inetpub\wwwroot\activevfp.dll message: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\activevfp.dll

When i want to make APPLICATION IN IIS for allowing rights to c:\webapp\reports, the path column remains empty.