demo files run fine but......

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Just starting to play around, uploaded my own db files into AVFP demo data folder.
No matter what I try, I keep getting same error messages:
Caught .NET exception, source: TEST.AVFP htmldropdown err#= 11 line= 422 Function argument value, type, or count is invalid.11 Function argument value, type, or count is invalid. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. E:\xxx.com\wwwroot\db\activevfp.dll message: E:\xxx.com\wwwroot\db\activevfp.dll

Even modifying simplelist demo pointing to my db files same result. I've tried mis-spelling db name, that throws a file not found error, so I know the db is being reached.

What am I missing here?
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM
the htmldropdown is only used on 1 of the demo scripts I believe so the other pages should work. My guess is that one of the DBFs you added has the same name as the one used for the HTMLdropdown.
Jun 26, 2013 at 12:16 AM
I may have confused you. The drop down in the demo works fine, anytime I try and substitute my dbf files that I uploaded (totally different names) in any of the sample files, I get the above errors. I was just wondering if there was some kind of authentication issue with my data vs the demo data. I might add that I have tried using two different foxpro models, one using the dct database and tables, same error, so I tried exporting dbf files from foxpro and uploading those, same errors.
Again, all demo files execute properly, I just can't understand why I can't see anything with my data.
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Try standalone files, not attached to the database
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Also, it's not likely to work with your new data unless you change the html and script to match the names and types of your fields. If you haven't done this then it isn't surprising that you'd get a "argument value, type, or count is invalid"