Bring avfp page directly by pointing to http://www.websitename.com

Topics: User Forum
Jul 10, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I would like to tell my customer that he can access my AVFP application by pointing the browser to my website name instead of www.websitename.com/app/default.aspx?action=avfppage

I'm sorry if this has been asked/answered before.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Edited Jul 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM
If you're going to run on your own IIS, use the zip file and unzip directly to the web root (C:\inetpub\wwwroot). I just tried it here and it worked. But I had to open WinRAR as Administrator and then unzip the zip. (You can also just redirect anybody hitting the web root, using IIS manager, to any virtual directory.)

If you're running on a web host, just unzip to your webroot and it should work the same way.

BTW, the latest version offers the cleanest URLs with no extensions so the URL above would look like:

www.websitename.com/customers (where customers is the controller) or it could just default to the customer controller so you wouldn't have to specify it

or

www.websitename.com/customers/0004 - list customer 0004 or return JSON describing customer 0004
Jul 10, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Thanks for the fast response!
I forgot to mention that I'm using AVFP 5.53 for ASP 1.1 and running on goDaddy (deluxe web hosting), I saw a recent note on this forum mentioning AVFP 6.03 on goDaddy or did I interpret that incorrectly.
Regards,
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Yes, 6.03 runs on the latest version of GoDaddy as long as ASP.NET 4/4.5 is chosen in the setup and the web.config specifies Full-Trust (see https://activevfp.codeplex.com/discussions/448308#post1062474). I'll need to update the docs a little bit. But it only took about 5 minutes to set it up.

You should be fine though with what you have and AVFP 5.53.

Just let me know if you have any problems setting up in the root. I'll give it a try too since I still have 5.53 on the original demo.