Appery.io with Activevfp

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Ok... I have my mobile app running. And what is confusing to me is how I get values into this app from Activevfp.

I motified the employees example to run an SQL query on my data .. and return back the same JSON string it does now called searchresults

jquery.html is running employeelist.js -- This is getting my 1 record (hard coded)
The query works...

But my mobile app isn't gonna run jquery.html -- so its confusing to me how I'm gonna get back
the info from my URL.

So far I'm very happy with appery.io and I've gotten pretty far.

Its just confusing where things go. Do I put the JS on my Mobile side?

Sorry .. the flowchart in my head isn't clear.

Mike
Jul 25, 2013 at 3:05 AM
/Users/mike/Pictures/Captures/Screen Shot 2013-07-24 at 7.02.36 PM.png

I just don't know where to put things. I'm not navigating to an html site.

/Users/mike/Pictures/Captures/Screen Shot 2013-07-24 at 6.58.31 PM.png
Jul 25, 2013 at 3:06 AM
I guess I can't upload pictures here.
hmm
Jul 25, 2013 at 4:40 AM
ok, Appery ... sees this as a rest service. I am getting somewhere.

More learning... But Appery can return data.. this is huge.
Jul 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Do the group a huge favor? Can you post your code here and comment
the more subtle points of your work. I think everyone would appreciate it.
Jul 25, 2013 at 10:16 PM
If anybody is going to follow along, they need to do the following.
  1. Open up a free appery.io account. You get 3 pages for free. There is also a FREE 2 month (upgrade) code located on their
    Newest appery.io youtube webcast.
  2. Install activevfp -- and make sure you can HIT your server from the outside world. This was a nitemare for me because first
    I tried this on a virtual box, and learning the ip, firewall issues, etc turned out to be a real struggle.
    I finally used a 2nd windows box... and used port 444 ... and opened up the port in firewall and told IIS that I was using port 444.
    Now .. (THERE is a GOD) I can finally hit my own activevfp server and I'm trying to understand what to do next.
  3. I used grids to put labels in, and also fields into appery and I told Appery that I had a rest service installed pointing to MY data.
--- I'm leaving out a lot here, you can email me at -- mikegps1@gmail.com -- if you want to ...
  1. I also used their back end service to put fields in -- and tied some mobile stuff to the fields.
  2. OH and did I mention I know very little about HTML, CSS, or Javascript . (yes I have a hard head)
More soon.
Jul 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM
hello world from
Visual FoxPro 09.00.0000.5815 EXE Support Library for Windows
07/25/13 15:09:59

hello from the FoxTow &&& changed this line in AVFP file.

this is important

I got this AVFP file modified-- and I can see it from the outside world.(helloworld.avfp)

http://xx.xx.xx.xx:444/cfoxtow_web8V8/customers/helloworld
Jul 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM
http://localhost:444/cfoxtow_webV3/master1/200001

---------------------------- this produces this output

{"dispnum":"200001","towdate":"01/03/12","yearcar":"98"}

Ok --- this was what I was after -- and I've made it this far. I can JSON output a string of data -- from my table.

(my code)

DEFINE CLASS master1Controller AS restController
PROCEDURE openData
SET EXCLUSIVE OFF
SELECT 0
USE (THIS.homeFolder + "towmast.dbf") ALIAS master
ENDPROC

PROCEDURE infoAction
RETURN "homeFolder: <b>" + THIS.homeFolder + "</b>"
ENDPROC

PROCEDURE getAction
LOCAL c_dispnum
c_dispnum = THIS.Params[1]
THIS.openData()
SELECT master
SET ORDER TO dispnum
SEEK c_dispnum

IF FOUND()
LOCAL cJSON

cJSON = [{"dispnum":"] + allt(str(dispnum)) + [","towdate":"] + dtoc(towdate) + [",] + ;
      ["yearcar":"] + allt(yearcar) + ["}]
RETURN cJSON
ENDIF
ENDPROC
Jul 26, 2013 at 1:51 AM
I don't know what's next.
Searching for docs.
Jul 26, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Got past the hurdle. More soon.
Jul 26, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Coordinator
Jul 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Edited Jul 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I'm doing some research on appery.io and it looks like they're in good company:

" Ask HN: Browser based mobile design tool?
2 points by ajaxguy 87 days ago | comments
Looking for HN community to help on this. As always, appreciate your effort in advance. I am looking for tools similar to strikingly/webflow where I can create a screen and export them as html/css. I tried the both, but strikingly doesn't satisfy what I am trying like creating most of html components unlike their specific range of elements. Webflow seems to be still in beta mode, where I cannot edit the template and put some other html components. Thank you.

ajaxguy 87 days ago | link

After googling some time, I found couple of sites in the same area and thought could be helpful to fellow hn'ers. Codiqa, Appery.io. Thanks."

Looks like they're based in Walnut Creek, CA - funny because that's where my brother in law lives..