Pdfrun random problem

Topics: User Forum
May 11, 2015 at 10:24 AM
Hi friends,
i have a random problem with pdfrun. I use it for make a pdf from report at end of my procedure. It works fine but randomly he stop to work and show me error on wrong identity or invalid username and password.

I release the object "oPDF" every time. I can solve the problem only with IIS restart.

Do you have a idea?
May 15, 2015 at 3:31 PM
I read an old topic and i've tried the way to use "computer account" instead "interactive user" but the browser tell me, always, unknown error. Only with "interactive user"mode it works but with error if i reuse it in the same times (1 or 2 minutes later).
May 21, 2015 at 11:34 AM
Any idea to solve my problem? I get always this error:
Caught .NET exception, source: Z_STAMPAORDINE.AVFP 00036ejt05wt err#= 1426 line= 130 OLE error code 0x8000401a: Impossibile avviare il processo server. L'identità configurata non è corretta. Verificare il nome utente e la password.1426 OLE error code 0x8000401a: Impossibile avviare il processo server. L'identità configurata non è corretta. Verificare il nome utente e la password. 8000401a: Impossibile avviare il processo server. L'identità configurata non è corretta. Verificare il nome utente e la password .NULL. .NULL. .NULL. .NULL.
Coordinator
May 21, 2015 at 2:25 PM
I'll check what the docs say about the impersonated account and also what the demo server has configured when I get home later today. I've never seen the problem you describe, fwiw..
Coordinator
May 22, 2015 at 2:19 PM
From the latest docs using DCOMCNFG, "Under the Security tab for PDFRun.Print2PDF, add Custom Access and Custom Launch permissions for the IUSR, IWAM, and ASPNET accounts. Under the Identity tab for PDFRun.Print2PDF, make sure the Interactive user is selected."

and I checked the demo server which agreed with the above.

FWIW, Victor's new version doesn't even require DCOM.
May 25, 2015 at 1:16 PM
I followed the documentation to configure it. I don't know why he shows an error when i use it for second or more times.
Coordinator
May 25, 2015 at 2:40 PM
I don't think you said what OS you're using. If it's an old OS like XP, that may be part of the problem.
May 26, 2015 at 9:03 AM
I use Windows Server 2008 R2.
Coordinator
May 27, 2015 at 10:51 AM
I've never seen this problem on the modern windows OSs. The only thing I can think of to fix permanently and quickly is to use Victor's new PDF generation that he's used at Arvixe and other places You could either contact him or wait for our new release in the next month or so.
Coordinator
May 27, 2015 at 5:06 PM
I checked another site's forum and they suggested using the app pool like:

"You don't want to use Interactive user on a server. If you do that means the root console always has to be logged on and worse the COM server can't launch until the console is up which on a restart can take a while (a lot longer than IIS starting up).
As I pointed out the best way to configure security is configure it on the Application Pool (you can't use Interactive there!), and then let the COM server pick up this identity by using the default 'Launching User'. The nice thing about this is that you don't have to do any DCOM configuration assuming the App Pool user has the rights to do whatever you need and has rights to load the COM server (typically Admin user or SYSTEM).

Non-Interactive users are automatically launched and available as soon as IIS is ready so it's much more reliable than having to wait for the console. THe other big issue is that you often don't have access to the root console."

Let us know if this solves your problem.
May 28, 2015 at 4:14 PM
I already tried this method but don't work in my case. I will ask to Victor if he can give me your new pdf generator before the public release.
Thanks for your help.