Problem with IIS 10 on Windows 10

Topics: User Forum
Aug 31, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Edited Aug 31, 2015 at 2:35 PM
Hi friends,
i found a problem of AVFP with IIS v.10 that is included into Windows 10. The same Web application, with the same code, works fine in IIS v.8 but in IIS v.10 there are some problem: a simple and single INSERT are run two times.

I also tryed to set a different AppPool but nothing change.

Any idea?
Coordinator
Sep 1, 2015 at 12:56 PM
Will have to setup a test MV to check this. The code that perform the INSERT is located in a AVFP file or in a REST controller ?

Victor
Sep 1, 2015 at 1:00 PM
INSERT is located in a procedure of a AVFP file. I don't know how to use REST controller.
Coordinator
Sep 1, 2015 at 2:18 PM
Edited Sep 1, 2015 at 2:18 PM
I highly doubt it's the combination of IIS1o and Windows10. My development workstation is running on the same environment and all my website created in aVFP are working fine. I just double checked some projects that are using INSERT and APPEND BLANK/Replace fields combination and again it's working fine.
Sep 1, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Maybe... But... why the same code works in different way? I'm investigating on the code but i don't see any problem.
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2015 at 2:21 AM
My first guess would be that the code is being executed twice, for some reason.
Sep 3, 2015 at 11:08 AM
vespina wrote:
My first guess would be that the code is being executed twice, for some reason.
Yes, the code is executed two times. I counted it with a session variable. Now i have to protect my code with a second control, but it is strange. I don't understand why this IIS version can do this...

N.B. From my last test, this problem occurs only from touch screen devices such as smartphone or tablet. I've tried to use my web app in the same time from two device: notebook and tablet and the problem is only on the tablet. Maybe is a browser event on the touch screen ?
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2015 at 10:28 PM
Maybe some issue related to forms submitted to a js function and the preventDefault() method?

Victor Espina
Sep 7, 2015 at 4:23 PM
It is possible. When i can, i do another test. For now, thanks for your help!