AVFP unstable after 3 years of use ?

Topics: User Forum
Jan 12 at 4:59 PM
Hello friends, I have a web application in AVFP for the key demand for online activation for my Windows software. This application is very simple:
  • Get client info
  • Generate a serial number for the desktop application
  • Store info into a DBF table.
I use this webapp from 3 years ago, and everything works fine, but a couple of weeks, I have changed the code, the final step (of information in DBF table) store is not working properly. If I do 5 requests, I found only one application in the table. Unfortunately this is random and can not predict it.

The data is stored by the SQL command "INSERT INTO" and I put, in the end, the command "built in ...." to force writing to disk, but nothing happened.

I have this problem and I can not understand how I can fix...

Have you any idea?

N.B. The server IIS is on the remote webserver and windows update are disabled.
Jan 13 at 4:29 PM
If you are using FLUSH, it is strange indeed. But, if you have not made significant changes to the code and, as you say, it worked ok, then something must has changed at server level.

Victor Espina
Jan 16 at 1:59 PM
vespina wrote:
If you are using FLUSH, it is strange indeed. But, if you have not made significant changes to the code and, as you say, it worked ok, then something must has changed at server level.

Victor Espina
I don't know... I have disabled the Windows Updates infact the last update is dated to october 2015. This server is a webserver, so the only setting changed is on IIS for configuring other AVFP apps (new apps)