who can help me ?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 5, 2007 at 11:27 AM
Edited Feb 5, 2007 at 11:28 AM
I am a chinese foxer.i am intrested in the ActieVFP,it's very great.thinks to the developer.
but when i install it to my computer,run postsetup.exe, an error occurs:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\dotComSolution\PostSetup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

确定

my os: winxp with sp2
iis 5.1
who can help me ? sos

my msn:lugreen@163.com
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2007 at 1:55 AM
Hi Lu,

Make sure your vfpt?.dll and language file runtimes are at all at the same level as the version you're trying to install. For example, if you're trying to install the VFP8 version of ActiveVFP, make sure the versions of vfp8t.dll and vfp8enu.dll(if using english) are at the same level and are actually VFP8 runtime files..
Feb 6, 2007 at 3:04 AM
Hi claudefox,
Thanks very much!
i have do it according to what you said. but the same error occurs.

may i chat with you by msn or icq ?

hope get you help .
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2007 at 3:48 AM
Which vfp version/sp do you have?
Feb 6, 2007 at 3:53 AM
Edited Feb 6, 2007 at 3:57 AM
below is my vfp inf

Version:
Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0 SP2

Coordinator
Feb 6, 2007 at 7:02 AM
Can you give me the dates/times of your vfp9t.dll and vfp9enu.dll(or whichever language file). they should match exactly and are usually in your System32 directory.
Usually when this message is received, it's because there are multiple versions of these files and, for whatever reason, the setup is picking the wrong one to use...
Feb 6, 2007 at 1:48 PM
vfp9enu.dll :10-11-2006 14:42
vfp9t.dll 10-11-2006 15:17

there is no the files in system32 , in other directory.
Feb 6, 2007 at 1:49 PM
I need have a rest . I will go to sleep.Thanks very much.
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2007 at 10:11 PM
Does WebAppBuilder.app work (it's on the AVFP menu that was set up, if it got that far)?

If that works, then you can create the base web applications and you'll still be fine for creating new web apps. The only thing it's not doing is setting up the Virtual web directory for AVFPdemo3 because of your error message.

The PostSetup VFP class is run from 2 places: a small c++ exe in InstallShield (this is where you get the error) and from WebAppBuilder.app. In my experience, the message you get is usually because there is a different version of a runtime being used than the version PostSetup.dll (fox mtdll) was compiled with or the runtimes are somehow out of whack. Another thing to try is just to recompile the VFP projects that are installed. it should compile in your environment and work fine.
Feb 7, 2007 at 12:08 AM
Hi, Claudefox
My i know that who is developing the project named ActiveVFP, Only you or have others ?Would you like to develop a Chinese Version ?
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2007 at 2:15 AM
A Chinese version is something you would do since I'm already working on something else and you have an interest in this.
May 8, 2007 at 4:43 PM
I'm having the same problem. I'm running VFP7 and ran the corresponding avfp setup. The only vfp files I'm seeing in sys32 are VFP6R.DLL VFP6RUN.EXE and vfpodbc.dll.
Coordinator
May 8, 2007 at 6:53 PM
That's your problem right there - you have a mix of VFP6 and VFP7 runtimes and it sounds like the install wants to use your VFP6 runtimes. Either delete the VFP6 runtimes or rename them temporarily if they're still needed. Your VFP 7 runtimes should also be on your machine someplace?
May 16, 2007 at 5:27 PM
I renamed them and it seems to be working now, i still got the error but i was able to open and run WebAppBuilder with VFP and build a test site.

Going through the documentation I can find the hello world page but when I edit and compile the main.prg into the NAME.dll nothing changes. the string doesn't change, and then I changed it to point to my HTML and it won't go there either.

I also notices that the folders in my app are marked as read-only and there isnt much I can do about it, is this supposed to be this way?
Coordinator
May 16, 2007 at 7:34 PM
Check in the MAIN application that there isn't another 'hello world' section higher up in the CASE statement - it may be continually going to that section since it sees that first in the CASE.

No, nothing should be read-only and you should be able to change/modify anything.

Spangltk wrote:
I renamed them and it seems to be working now, i still got the error but i was able to open and run WebAppBuilder with VFP and build a test site.

Going through the documentation I can find the hello world page but when I edit and compile the main.prg into the NAME.dll nothing changes. the string doesn't change, and then I changed it to point to my HTML and it won't go there either.

I also notices that the folders in my app are marked as read-only and there isnt much I can do about it, is this supposed to be this way?

May 16, 2007 at 9:00 PM
No I couldn't find any, i even added another case statement with a more unique key word and it didn't work. I deleted the dll to make sure that I was creating a new one and still doesn't work.

I created a new app and this is the code in the window:

05/16/2007 03:45:44 PM
WEB APPLICATION: testapp2
LOCATED IN: c:\testapp2

starting build ...
PROJECT AND MTDLLs DIRECTORY: c:\testapp2
DATA DIRECTORY: c:\testapp2\data
ERROR LOG DIRECTORY: c:\testapp2\errorlog

ASP/ASP.NET SCRIPT DIRECTORY FOR THIS APP: c:\testapp2\testapp2\wwwroot
HTML TEMPLATE DIRECTORY FOR THIS APP: c:\testapp2\testapp2\html
VFP SOURCE CODE FOR THIS APP: c:\testapp2\testapp2\prg
VFP CLASSES CODE FOR THIS APP: c:\testapp2\testapp2\classes
REPORTS FOR THIS APP: c:\testapp2\testapp2\reports
INSTALLSHIELD PROJECT FOR THIS APP: c:\testapp2\testapp2\InstallShield\MyWebApp.ism
ASP/ASP.NET CODE FOR THIS APP: c:\testapp2\testapp2\wwwroot
READ ONLY DIRECTORY FOR THIS APP: c:\testapp2\testapp2r
IMAGES DIRECTORY FOR THIS APP: c:\testapp2\testapp2r\images
Temp Directory for this app: c:\testapp2\testapp2r\Temp
PDF Directory for this app: c:\testapp2\testapp2r\pdffiles
DATA DIRECTORY FOR THIS APP: c:\testapp2\data\testapp2
ERROR LOG DIRECTORY FOR THIS APP: c:\testapp2\errorlog\testapp2

Copying HTML files...

Copying sample data...

Copying InstallShield project...
Copying VFP source files...
Copying ASP/ASP.NET files...
Building your app into MTDLL...
Generating ASP.NET proxy dll...
TLBIMP generate command(use to regenerate):v2.0\bin\tlbimp.exe c:\testapp2\testapp2\testapp2.dll /out:c:\testapp2\testapp2\wwwroot\bin\testapp2_dotnetproxy.dll
Setup for web and launch...

URL FOR THIS WEB APP: http://localhost/testapp2/default.aspx

Finished! testapp2 web application build completed successfully.

I got an error that said:
OLE IDispatch exception code 107 from newsetup err#=107
line= 287 Operator/operand type mismatch.: c:\program fiels\dotcomsolution\postsetup.dll

and its the same problems with this new app.