Installation Active VFP

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 31, 2010 at 11:09 AM
Edited Jan 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Please, Help.

During installation on Windows XP sp3 I have got the message:
Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance

File .log contains

main  err#=    1 line=   173 File 'd:\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo2\default.htm' does not exist.1
File 'd:\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo2\default.htm' does not exist.
d:\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo2\default.htm
.NULL.
.NULL.
.NULL.
.NULL.
 d:\dotcomsolution\avfpdemo2\avfpdemo2.dll

I installed the program in C:\AVFP\ .
Where I have allowed the error? And why  disk D: ?

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Are you really using version 2??  If so, uninstall that and install the latest 4.1.

It looks like IIS is trying to load the default page called default.htm.  You can tell IIS to load default.asp or default.aspx as the "default" which is correct for AVFP instead of default.htm.  Go into the IIS manager to do that.

Feb 1, 2010 at 7:48 AM
Thanks for your reply.
I have installed the latest version 4.1. But I don't know how can I tell IIS to load default.asp page.
I have installed IIS just two weeks ago.

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2010 at 12:34 PM

There's an option in IIS manager that lets you choose the 'default' page that comes up when just a virtual directory is specified on the URL.  I could show you screen shots but I'm sure that you as a programmer can find it yourself.  Ordinarily, you don't have to worry about this so I don't know why you're having a problem in this case...

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:50 PM
Thanks for your reply.
There are some reasons why I have received this problem. I have installed Apache and whole set of programs that themself have access (form) to Server.
Once again thank you.

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:32 AM

Remember asp has to be set to use version 2 as well